The company says its chips AMD Opteron 3200 series can offer a 60% greater energy efficiency on the dollar for a 19% reduced power consumption compared to previous generation solutions. Opteron 3200 chips also allow you to double the density of nuclei in the rack. AMD promises that the chip offers all the benefits of server-class products at a price of desktop solutions.
Here are the main characteristics:
- power consumption of 45-65 W;
- Base operating frequency – 2.7 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz mode Turbo Core);
- 2-channel memory controller, DDR3 (1333-1866 MHz) with support for ECC UDIMM;
- Up to 32 GB of RAM, up to two DIMM modules on the channel memory;
- of cache memory – 16 MB (for the 9-core solutions) and 8 MB (for 4-core).
AMD Opteron processors 3200 are available now in 4 – or 8-core versions of a pre-installed on the platform MSI, Tyan, Fujitsu and Dell, including the server Fujitsu 3000 Series MX130.